"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Reality therapy in Washington


Although, for the sake of the usual moral issues, I generally lean Republican, I find myself pleased by what's happened in this midterm election. The party in power had grown complacent and corrupt and accordingly needed a kick in the pants; the party that has gained control of Congress must now propose and not merely oppose. I can't see anything to complain about in an election result that is pretty normal by the historical norm for what happens in Congress during the middle of a president's second term.

As usual, the political perspective offered by John of Ad Orientem dovetails entirely with my own. That makes him as unelectable as I would be even if I had enough money to run for office.
blog comments powered by Disqus