"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Monday, April 23, 2007

One of those periodic apologies

Sorry for the inactivity the last several days. I am facing my now-classic dilemma.

My job, which holds close-to-zero intrinsic interest for me, is consuming my life. I am on call 24/7; some days are almost 24, and the last few weeks have been 7. I've acquiesced in these hours partly because, in the short term, the money is what it takes to recover from my finally-successful battle with the IRS. But even if that were not a factor, I dare not quit to find a better job because I dare not fall behind on child support. Yet as long as I work at this pace, I have no time and energy even to look for another job. I am almost beside myself with frustration and fatigue.

All I can do right now with this blog is ask for your prayers and patience. The situation is no doubt temporary, but I am anxious to get on with my life. It looks like I'll be teaching at least one philosophy course in Belmont Abbey's adult division this summer. Let's hope that's a harbinger of things to come.