"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pontifications is back! Sort of...

Fr. Al Kimel has opened his new Pontifications blog at the Wordpress server. Apparently it will not carry much of the archival material found at the old Pontifications which he assures us, as per the CANN geek, will be back up in a few days. I can hardly wait for that event, as I've neglected to save my best old Pontifications articles to disk and the links I have for them don't work.

Even so, I am chastened by the humility evident in the first post on the new site. It concludes:

Needless to say, a person who spends most of his life in despair probably should avoid sermonizing, pontificating, and opining. As the saying goes, “Do not speak unless you can improve the silence.” I need to learn this truth.

So do I. And that's needful to say.
blog comments powered by Disqus