"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you odd." ~Flannery O'Connor

Friday, February 22, 2008

The embryo debate continued

Most of my post last Saturday, entitled Struggling with incoherence II: who counts?, was a critical review of the debate between pro-life thinkers Robert P. George and Christopher Tollefsen on the one hand, and pro-choice thinker William Saletan on the other, about the ontic status of the human embryo. Here I note that their debate continues. Saletan replied to the RPG/CT piece here, posing the question slyly: "Are embryos morally equal to people? I say no." The latest RPG/CT rejoinder appears here.

I highly recommend following the whole debate. The discourse is both civil and of the highest level one is likely to find outside specialized journals. I will have more to say tomorrow.
blog comments powered by Disqus